Another tradition around here is the annual Year-End Weigh-In. Each year I share share some reflection questions to look back on the past year and look ahead toward the new year. Here it is again this year with a new question I thought you might find particularly helpful.
- What went better than you expected in 2017?
- Looking back over this year, how did you improve the most?
- What’s something you did this year that you’ll remember for the rest of your life?
- Looking back, what bit of advice do you wish you’d given yourself at the beginning of 2017?
- Liberating leaders bring both support and challenge to those they lead. This year, how have you done bringing support? How have you done bringing challenge?
- How did you expand, or undermine, your influence in 2017? How does that affect your planning for 2018?
- If you wrote a one-sentence or even one word advice letter to yourself for 2018, what would it be?